Going out for dinner and margaritas is always a good time, but it can get very expensive. Of course, there are places all around Austin that offer great happy hours and specials, but why not make dinner at home every once in a while. After some trial and error, I finally found a super tasty shrimp taco recipe that is quick and easy to make. They are also low calorie, with about 118 calories per taco. Along with the tacos, I made skinny mango margaritas. Staying in and making your own food not only saves you money but it also can be super fun. Here is the best recipe I found.
What you need:
- 20 medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tomato chopped and seeded
- 1 avocado peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 jalapeno seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (half a lime)
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves chopped
- 6 small flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
How to Cook:
- Mix together the garlic, cumin, chili powder, onion salt and olive oil in a bowl. Add shrimp and marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes (up to 24 hours).
- Heat up a pan on high for two minutes. Lightly cover the bottom of the pan with olive oil and add the shrimp.
- Cook the shrimp for 4-6 minutes until cooked through and until the shrimp is pink & crispy.
- Mix together the avocado, tomato, lime juice, jalapeno, salt, and pepper.
- Cover until you are ready to use.
- Place sour cream into a bowl and add in lime juice and cilantro.
- Stir until it becomes liquid-like.
Finally, warm up the tortillas on a stovetop until they are nice and crunchy. Spoon the salsa into the freshly cooked tortillas, then place three shrimp on top. Finish with a drizzle of Cilantro Sauce.