As the weather started to drop I decided it was time to make some moist chocolate chip banana bread. Now that I’ve gone paleo, I am a bit limited on what I can use while cooking. But with some trial and error, I’ve found a recipe that seriously will not let you down. This super easy banana bread is grain-free, and contains zero added sugars. Not only does it taste amazing but it also won’t make you feel bad about eating.
Healthy Paleo Banana Bread
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
- 2 Overripe Bananas – mashed up
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut oil (can substitute for butter or ghee)
- ¼ cup creamy almond butter (or any type of nut butter)
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 TBS vanilla extract
- 2 TBS pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup sugar-free chocolate chips
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×4 baking pan with parchment paper and grease.
- In a bowl combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Mix together.
- In a separate glass bowl mix together melted coconut oil and almond butter until it is combined.
- Add in the mashed banana, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Add in the eggs and stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Combine ingredients from both bowls together and mix until they are completely combined.
- Mix in chocolate chips. (leave out a handful for later)
- Pour mixture into the pan and bake for 35 minutes. (insert a toothpick to test whether it is fully cooked)
- Let the bread cool down for 5 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chips on top of the cooled bread.
– #livzkitchen ♡