For weeks now I have been dying to make a yummy chicken curry. After scrolling through a million recipes I found this delicious Mango Chicken Curry Sauce. After a few tries and various substitutions, I came up with a great whole30 approved recipe, that is quick, healthy and tastes amazing.
- 2 pounds of boneless chicken breasts
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow (or green) pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- Lime slices
- Chopped cilantro
- Quinoa or rice *optional*
- Chopped Cashews *optional*
Coconut Mango Curry Sauce
- 1 13.5 oz. can coconut milk
- 1 cup chopped mango
- 1 cup mild salsa verde
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar *optional*
- Slice the bell peppers into even strips
- Cut chicken breast into medium-sized cubes
- In a large skillet, add olive oil and let it heat up. Next, add in the chicken and cover the pan with a lid until the chicken is almost completely cooked. While the chicken finishes cooking, add in sliced bell peppers and let them saute for 4-5 minutes.
- Sauce: Add all the ingredients [above] of the Mango Curry sauce into a blender and blend until smooth. According to your liking, try the sauce and add coconut sugar to sweeten. I suggest 2-3 tablespoons.
- Add quinoa to boiling water and let it cook until ready to serve.
- Pour the finished mango sauce over the chicken and bell peppers and let it simmer. The consistency of the sauce should change into a smooth layer. Mix. If the sauce is not sweet enough, add another tablespoon of coconut sugar and mix thoroughly.
- Add a few scoops of cooked quinoa into a bowl and pour the chicken mango curry overtop. Finish it off with chopped cilantro, cut up cashews and slices of lime.